As the legislative branch and governing body of the City of Wildwood, the City Council's major function is to adopt policy, which generally takes the form of ordinances, resolutions, and budget adoptions. The Council represents eight wards (two council members each), totaling 16 members on the City Council.
All council members serve two-year terms, as elected by majority vote in their respective ward. The annual election in April selects one council member from each ward. After the election, the council selects one of its members to be the mayor pro tempore. The mayor pro tempore assumes the duties of the mayor in the mayor's absence.
Agendas & Minutes
The City Council is organized into three working subcommittees:
Each committee consists of eight council members, with the mayor considered as an ad hoc, non-voting member of all committees. All committee meetings are open to the public.
Which Ward Do I Live In?
- Enter your address under the 'Property Search' button.
- Once the system has found your address, click the 'Map' link at the top, in the orange-colored bar.
- Turn on the 'City Council Wards' layer in the Layer List on the left side of the screen.
- If it's unclear which Ward is activated, just zoom out using the '-' button on the left side of the map until the Ward numbers (which are small) and colors become visible.
- 7-9-2018 Council Meeting: Where can the Recommendation Report from the Manchester Road Improvement Committee be viewed online?
- 7-9-2018 Council Meeting: What is the status of securing easements for Phase 3 of the Manchester Road Streetscape Project?
- 7-9-2018 Council Meeting: When will the Architectural Review Board meet to review proposed aesthetic enhancements to the Route 109 bridge over Route 100?
- 6-25-2018 Council Meeting: Has the City considered a signal light at the Pond & Route 100 intersection?
- 3-12-2018 Council Meeting: Was the 2/26/2018 Executive Session conducted in full compliance with the Missouri Sunshine Law