As the legislative branch and governing body of the City of Wildwood, the City Council's major function is to adopt policy, which generally takes the form of ordinances, resolutions, and budget adoptions. The Council represents eight wards (two council members each), totaling 16 members on the City Council.
All council members serve two-year terms, as elected by majority vote in their respective ward. The annual election in April selects one council member from each ward. After the election, the council selects one of its members to be the mayor pro tempore. The mayor pro tempore assumes the duties of the mayor in the mayor's absence.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are posted by 5 p.m. on the Friday prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. Most Recent Agenda Most Recent Agenda Most Recent Agenda
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
The City Council is organized into three working subcommittees:
Each committee consists of eight council members, with the mayor considered as an ad hoc, non-voting member of all committees. All committee meetings are open to the public.
Which Ward Do I Live In?
- Enter your address in the Search bar at the top menu.
- Once the map has found your address, click the individual wards to show that Ward’s ID # and Council Member representatives.
- If it’s unclear which Ward is selected, just zoom out using the ’-’ button on the left side of the map until the Ward numbers and colors become visible.
- 10-22-2018 Council Meeting: Why were the Charter complaints of 3-31-2017 and 4-3-2017 never addressed by the City Council?
- 9-24-2018 Council Meeting: Will the review of the deer overpopulation issue take into consideration which locations are most suitable for hunting?
- 9-24-2018 Council Meeting: What is the status of completing the Clayton Road sidewalk, between McBride Pointe Drive and Anniversary Park?
- 7-9-2018 Council Meeting: Where can the Recommendation Report from the Manchester Road Improvement Committee be viewed online?
- 7-9-2018 Council Meeting: What is the status of securing easements for Phase 3 of the Manchester Road Streetscape Project?