- You Are Here:
- Business Resources
- Wildwood Snowman Search
- Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations
For Participating Businesses:
- Business owners agree to display their custom snowmen in the City of Wildwood from Saturday, November 24 (Small Business Saturday) through Monday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve).
- Business owners may choose to display their snowmen outside the front door of the business (at the primary access point), or strategically located inside the business.
- Snowmen can be created to be anywhere between one (1) foot tall and eight (8) feet tall in size,
- Snowmen may be purchased at any retail store, or custom built by each business owner.
- Snowmen cannot block any roadway or sidewalk and cannot restrict ingress or egress to the primary structure (in the event of an emergency.
- If a snowman is to be lit using artificial lighting, the lights must be turned off overnight (between 11:00 pm and 6:00 am).
- If a snowman is to be inflated using an air compression machine, the snowman must be deflated overnight (between 11:00 pm and 6:00 am).
- Participants must agree to provide care for each snowman (e.g. repairs, maintenance, etc.).
- The location of each snowman (and each business) may be shown on any maps or tables created for use during “Wildwood Snowman Search”.
- Participants must authorize the unrestricted use of photos taken of each snowman or business on websites and social media to be used by the City of Wildwood, the Wildwood Business Association, the West St. Louis County Chamber of Commerce and any member of the public.
- Only 1 entry per business location is allowed.
- Participants must be 16 years of age or older to enter (as there is a cash prize awarded to the winners).
- Photos may only be uploaded once.
- Photos will only be accepted from that year's contest. Anyone who attempts to upload a photo from a previous year's event will be removed from the drawing.