Lawn & Garden Summit
Saturday, March 21, 2020
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
FREE TO ATTEND
Venue: Wildwood City Hall
16860 Main St., Wildwood, MO 63040
The Wildwood Lawn & Garden Summit is hosted by the City of Wildwood, local Wildwood business owners and the Wildwood Farms Community Garden.
The Wildwood Lawn & Garden Summit is intended to educate Wildwood residents and visitors on key lawn & garden issues, and help grow the City's lawn & garden businesses within our community. This FREE Summit providing education and hands-on demonstration from local Wildwood businesses for the following topics:
- Compost Production, Benefits and Application Rates (Fick Supply Service Inc.)
- Deer-Resistant Planting (Zick's Great Outdoors)
- Getting Your Vegetables Started (St. Louis Community College at Wildwood)
- Invasive Honeysuckle - Effective Removal Strategies & Techniques (Wildwood Tree Service)
- Perennial & Shrub Spring Maintenance to Ensure a Colorful Year (Passiglia's Nursery & Garden Center)
- Planting Natives - heat, drought and water tolerant species (Papillon Perennials)
- Tips on Cultivating a Healthy Garden (Wildwood Family YMCA)
- Water - and - Integrated Pest Management for Home Gardeners (Fahr Greenhouse)
There will be two (2) simultaneous educational sessions occurring inside City Hall (in the Council Chambers and Community Room) from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. Each business will be give their presentation twice so that all attendees have the best opportunity to attend the session of their choice. Each presentation will last 30 minutes, including time for an overview presentation and Q&A. Participating businesses are also invited to set up a hands-on display and demonstration tent outside. All event attendees are encouraged to visit these tents during, in between, or after each session. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided to all attendees.
A more complete event schedule, and program, will be made available over the coming weeks.
Partner organizations are invited to set up a hands-on display and demonstration tent, or hand out informational pamphlets, in the area south of City Hall outside of Wildwood Farms Community Garden. The City will provide a free 10 x 10 pop-up tent to each partner organization. These organizations currently include, but are not limited to:
- Wildwood Farms Community Garden (Tour and information)
- Wildwood Watershed Erosion Task Force (Education re stream erosion)
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Missouri Botanical Gardens
- Missouri Prairie Foundation (MO Prairie)
- University of Missouri Extension
- Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park
- St. Louis Master Gardeners
- St. Louis County Parks (Children's Garden Activity)
- Great Rivers Missouri Master Naturalist
- Bring Conservation Home - St.. Louis Audubon Society
- Sugarbud Fields
- Wild Ones
If you are interested in attending (or exhibiting at) this event, please click the the registration link Opens in New Window below. There is no cost to attend or host a partner booth, but advance registration is respectfully requested.