Supervised by the Superintendent of Streets, the Streets Division's responsibilities include:
- Maintaining all city streets and rural roads, including concrete and asphalt patching or full-depth replacement
- Providing snow removal and deicing services on all city roadways
- Maintaining or replacing all city sidewalks
- Contracting with outside sources for inspection of maintenance projects
- Maintaining city rights-of-way, including grass mowing, tree-trimming, ditching, sign replacement, pavement marking, etc.
- Inspecting street and sidewalk construction for new developments
- Maintaining public facilities and city vehicles
Maintenance of private driveway aprons and private driveway culverts are the responsibility of the adjacent homeowner.