Trash & Recycling
Procedures & Requirements
Please be advised of the following waste collection procedures and requirements:
- Because the start time for Waste Connections may vary from week to week, we recommend that you have all trash, recycle or yard waste at the curb on your scheduled collection day no later than 6:30 AM so you won’t be skipped.
- If your trash, recycle or yard waste is not at the curb on your scheduled collection day when the truck arrives, Waste Connections will not return that week. (Be advised that truck drivers take time-stamped photos when trash, recycle or yard waste is not at the curb.)
- All trash items must be placed in a trash bag or trash container, not to exceed 50 pounds. (If you have bulky items, please contact Waste Connections directly to notify them of the items that will be placed at the curb so that they will have the proper manpower to lift items into trucks as needed.)
- Please place all recycle items in the designated 22-gallon bin, 65-gallon toter, or 95-gallon toter.
- Please place all yard waste items in compostable yard waste bags or trash cans utilized for yard waste. All tree limbs must be bundled in 4-foot long sections with a 6-inch diameter and placed at the curb on the designated pick-up day. No tree roots or dirt will be accepted.
- For appliance pickup, please contact the waste hauler directly for removal of these items (prices indicated in the following table).
Items Not Accepted
Items that will not be collected include:
- Solid waste and yard waste co-mingled
- Tree roots, dirt / soil, and/or rocks or bricks
- Construction debris
- 55-gallon drums
- Hazardous materials, including but not limited to batteries, and any flammable or combustible liquids or gases.
Services & Costs
Pricing for services offered by Waste Connections are as follows:
|Basic Trash Service (curbside, once per week)|| $16.50 per month|
(Senior Rate $14.03) or
$49.50 per quarter
(Senior Rate $42.08 per quarter)
|Recycle Collection (curbside, once per week)||Included at no charge with Basic Trash Service|
|Recycle Container (95 or 65-gallon toter)||Included at no charge with Basic Trash Service|
|Optional - Yard Waste (curbside, once per week)|
- 10 item limit, bags or bundles not to exceed 60 lbs. ($2.00 per additional item)
- Subscription available on a quarterly basis only.)
|$31.77 per quarter|
(Senior Rate - $27.00 per quarter)
Christmas trees will be disposed of for free to all Wildwood residents
(January 1-February 28).
|Optional - 95-gallon Cart Rental (for trash)||$3.15 per month or|
$9.45 per quarter
|Optional - Appliance (White Goods) Collection||$27.50 per month (call or email Waste Connections to schedule pickup)|
|Bulk Items (i.e., furniture, other large items)||Free of charge (call or email Waste Connection to schedule pickup)|
|Construction Remodeling Debris / Carpeting||Please call Waste Connections for pricing|
Holiday Collection Schedule
For each of these holidays, all routes will be delayed by one day.
|New Year’s Day||Wednesday, January 1, 2020 (Delayed Wednesday through Friday pickups only)|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 25, 2020 (All pickups delayed one day)|
|Independence Day||Saturday, July 4, 2020 (No delay in pickups)|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 7, 2020 (All pickups delayed one day)|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 26, 2020 (Delayed for Thursday and Friday pickups only)|
|Christmas Day||Friday, December 25, 2020 (Delayed for Friday pickups only)|
For assistance with your trash, recycling, or yard waste services, please contact Waste Connections directly at: 636-321-2100 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org