Our City Through Your Eyes
Below are the rules used for the 2018 Calendar Contest.
- Only photographs taken by amateur photographers will be allowed.
- Entries will be received from 9:00 a.m., June 5, 2018, through 4:00 p.m., July 11, 2018.
- A completed entry form must be submitted with each photograph.
- Entries must be submitted via an online form, which will be available when the entry period opens on June 5th.
- Photographers do not need to be residents of the City of Wildwood, Missouri.
- Participants may submit up to three (3) photographs.
- By submitting the entry form, you agree that you shot the photograph and it is now the property of the City of Wildwood. Additionally, you agree, and grant permission, to allow the photograph to be used by the City in the calendar and/or future articles, ads, webpages, promotional, and/or other materials.
- Must be in a digital format … NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Can be either color or black and white.
- Must have been taken between September 1, 1995 (the City’s incorporation date) and July 11, 2018.
- Must have been taken within the City limits of the City of Wildwood, Missouri.
- Entries from past contests will not be accepted.
- Subject matter of the photographs is limited to landscapes, buildings/structures, or wildlife scenes. A person, or persons, can be included in the photograph, but should not be the main subject of the image.
- Must submit entry form information with photograph.
- Helpful hints:
- To ensure a quality calendar will be produced, do not reduce the size of the photograph.
- Do not submit photographs that are nearly identical. Pick your favorite. By submitting photographs that are similar, you may cause the votes to be disbursed among them, leading to none receiving enough to win a space in the calendar.
- Helpful hints:
Entry Form Information
- Each submittal must be accompanied, by the following information:
- Name, Mailing Address, Telephone Number, and Email of Photographer.
- Location where photograph was taken.
- Acknowledgement that by submitting, you agree the photograph was taken by you, is now the property of the City of Wildwood, and may be used in any of its future publications.
- All entries will be placed on the City’s website and open to a vote of the public.
- The final selections will be completed by a panel of photography experts, who will use the voting completed by the public as a key factor in their review process.
- On-line voting will take place between July 24, 2018 through August 15, 2018.
- The professional judging will be completed by - date TBD.
- Winners for the calendar will be announced on the City’s website no later than - date TBD.
- The photographers who have their submittals selected will have their photographs published in the City’s annual calendar (which is sent to over 13,000 households), will also receive five (5) free copies of the calendar and a special Wildwood Gift.
Front Cover of 2018 Calendar
Location: Questover Canyon - Photo Credit: Amanda Becker
January 2018 Calendar
Location: Hidden Valley Ski Resort - Photo Credit: Marta Allred
February 2018 Calendar
Location: Jaeger Farms - Photo Credit: Pamela Gilyard
March 2018 Calendar
Location: Turnberry Place - Photo Credit: Mark Paddock
April 2018 Calendar
Location: Rock Hollow Trail - Photo Credit: Lynn Schmader
May 2018 Calendar
Location: Hencken Valley Estates - Photo Credit: Lynn Schmader
June 2018 Calendar
Location: Old State Farms - Photo Credit: Marta Allred
July 2018 Calendar
Location: Pond at State Route 109 and Pond Grover Loop Road - Photo Credit: Diane Palladino
August 2018 Calendar
Location: Villas at Newpoint - Photo Credit: Marvin Fornwalt
September 2018 Calendar
Location: Wildwest Community Garden at the Wildwood Family YMCA - Photo Credit: Christina Hayes-McConnell
October 2018 Calendar
Location: Greensfelder County Park - Photo Credit: George Bolhafner
November 2018 Calendar
Location: Crestmont Circle - Photo Credit: George Bolhafner
December 2018 Calendar
Location: Lakes at Sheffield Forest Court - Photo Credit: Jordan Magrecki
Back Cover 2018 Calendar
Location: Rock Hollow Trail - Photo Credit: David Beattie