The City of Wildwood Bicycle Advisory Committee was established in 2014 to help make the City of Wildwood a Bicycle Friendly Community. The Bicycle Advisory Committee also serves as the City’s Board of Public Safety, which meets monthly.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Bicycle Advisory Committee's goal is to make Wildwood a bicycle-friendly community where cyclists, pedestrians and motorists thrive. The Committee will advise the Council on matters related to cycling in our city, including but not limited to:
- Promoting bicycling as a safe form of recreation and transportation
- Providing a cycling perspective to the city decision-making processes to ensure proper sensitivity to bicycle and pedestrian issues in the design and implementation of relevant public works projects
- Educating all citizens on the benefits of safe cycling, the city's cycling-related resources, and pedestrian / motorist / cyclist etiquette and regulations
- Suggesting safe and convenient bicycle routes throughout the city, including appropriate connections to neighboring cities
- Facilitating the continued development and maintenance of cycling facilities and resources throughout the city.